Sofa Mart - Furniture Row Barracuda Couch very poor design, warranty lies!
On December 29th 2012, I bought the Baracuda Sectional from Furniture Row on 8215 Ikea Blvd Charlotte NC, 28262.I was persuaded by the sales representative to purchase the 5 year warranty for an extra $99.
The representative said that the warranty covered everything for 5 years. In quote we were told, that if anything happens to the couch within 5 years they would exchange it or pay for repair. In November 2015, the couch started falling apart. The frame sagged to the floor and the "leather" stated tearing apart from the fabric.
I called the store and they sent someone out, he took a look at it took pictures and I never heard back from him or anyone from the store. In March of this year, I went back to the store and told them my issue. They informed me that my couch was still covered under warranty and gave me the information including a print out of my receipts and asked me to submit a claim. I did so in March never heard anything back.
I called the Great White Bottling Company September 1st 2016 and they opened a new claim and had me send pictures and proof of purchase and to my surprise, they promptly denied as normal wear and tear and told me in writing that my warranty only covered accidental damage. I tried to inform them that was not what we were told requested a copy of the warranty but I never heard back from them. On September 6th 2016 I contacted furniture row regarding the issue and filed a complaint, they informed me that they would send someone to look at it. I haven't heard back and it has been almost 2 months.
I am not convinced that the leather peeling and frame structural issues count as normal wear and tear.
I was also surprised to find a lot of complaints regarding the same exact couch. It was built extremely poorly and I would like a solution to this issue. I do not believe a couch is designed to last for less than three years. I have taken pictures of the couch and structural damage.
The "leather" they use for these products is beyond obscene.
I will let the pictures do the talking.The couch structure is osb and plywood and very poorly structured.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Extra warranty protection did not cover poor quality of product
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "My name is Angelique Pierce and unfortunately I have become the victim of the shady practices of Wall & Associates, a company I hired to help me resolve some tax..."
- "On Saturday Jan. 12, I ordered a Large Canadian Bacon/Pineapple/Olive Pizza from Papa Johns. Asked for the order to arrive at 4:30pm for the football game. Pizza shows up at..."
- "Ashley Home Furniture DOES NOT stand behind their products. I was sold a sofa and recliner that start crackling and peeling a year after I had purchased it. I..."