Sofa Mart - Furniture Row Barracuda Couch very poor design, warranty lies!
On December 29th 2012, I bought the Baracuda Sectional from Furniture Row on 8215 Ikea Blvd Charlotte NC, 28262.I was persuaded by the sales representative to purchase the 5 year warranty for an extra $99.
The representative said that the warranty covered everything for 5 years. In quote we were told, that if anything happens to the couch within 5 years they would exchange it or pay for repair. In November 2015, the couch started falling apart. The frame sagged to the floor and the "leather" stated tearing apart from the fabric.
I called the store and they sent someone out, he took a look at it took pictures and I never heard back from him or anyone from the store. In March of this year, I went back to the store and told them my issue. They informed me that my couch was still covered under warranty and gave me the information including a print out of my receipts and asked me to submit a claim. I did so in March never heard anything back.
I called the Great White Bottling Company September 1st 2016 and they opened a new claim and had me send pictures and proof of purchase and to my surprise, they promptly denied as normal wear and tear and told me in writing that my warranty only covered accidental damage. I tried to inform them that was not what we were told requested a copy of the warranty but I never heard back from them. On September 6th 2016 I contacted furniture row regarding the issue and filed a complaint, they informed me that they would send someone to look at it. I haven't heard back and it has been almost 2 months.
I am not convinced that the leather peeling and frame structural issues count as normal wear and tear.
I was also surprised to find a lot of complaints regarding the same exact couch. It was built extremely poorly and I would like a solution to this issue. I do not believe a couch is designed to last for less than three years. I have taken pictures of the couch and structural damage.
The "leather" they use for these products is beyond obscene.
I will let the pictures do the talking.The couch structure is osb and plywood and very poorly structured.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Extra warranty protection did not cover poor quality of product
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart..."
- "We've lived in the LEXINGTON sc greystar apartments for a year and a half. Within that time no one has cared the conditions we are Having to live in...."
- "There should be a class action lawsuit started against Angie's List. 1) The site incorrectly charged me when i signed up. The sign up walks you through one price,..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."