100% full Resolved

On December 29th 2012, I bought the Baracuda Sectional from Furniture Row on 8215 Ikea Blvd Charlotte NC, 28262.I was persuaded by the sales representative to purchase the 5 year warranty for an extra $99.

The representative said that the warranty covered everything for 5 years. In quote we were told, that if anything happens to the couch within 5 years they would exchange it or pay for repair. In November 2015, the couch started falling apart. The frame sagged to the floor and the "leather" stated tearing apart from the fabric.

I called the store and they sent someone out, he took a look at it took pictures and I never heard back from him or anyone from the store. In March of this year, I went back to the store and told them my issue. They informed me that my couch was still covered under warranty and gave me the information including a print out of my receipts and asked me to submit a claim. I did so in March never heard anything back.

I called the Great White Bottling Company September 1st 2016 and they opened a new claim and had me send pictures and proof of purchase and to my surprise, they promptly denied as normal wear and tear and told me in writing that my warranty only covered accidental damage. I tried to inform them that was not what we were told requested a copy of the warranty but I never heard back from them. On September 6th 2016 I contacted furniture row regarding the issue and filed a complaint, they informed me that they would send someone to look at it. I haven't heard back and it has been almost 2 months.

I am not convinced that the leather peeling and frame structural issues count as normal wear and tear.

I was also surprised to find a lot of complaints regarding the same exact couch. It was built extremely poorly and I would like a solution to this issue. I do not believe a couch is designed to last for less than three years. I have taken pictures of the couch and structural damage.

The "leather" they use for these products is beyond obscene.

I will let the pictures do the talking.The couch structure is osb and plywood and very poorly structured.

Review about: Barracuda Raf Sofa And Chaise.

I didn't like: Sofa, Extra warranty protection did not cover poor quality of product, Lie.

2.7
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $953
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Sofa Mart?

Comments

Come on man

Anything that is that cheap is bonded leather, not real leather and the price tells you that right off the bat.I bought the barracuda as a cheap basement couch and it served its purpose.

They always run it on sale for $699 so a sectional that size for that cheap I hoped to get a few years out of it with my kid and I did. You don't buy something that cheap and expect it to last forever.

Your lucky if you get 5 years out of that kind of stuff because it's just like the junky Ashley stuff, just in a different store.You want a sofa that lasts your talking minimum of $2000+++ you get what you pay for