Sofa Mart - No returns, No exchanges, No exceptions

66 of 100 Sofa Mart reviews

I purchased a couch and love seat from Furniture Row-Sofa Mart, when it was delivered, we had the delivery person sign that they were to be reordered due to the poor construction. The legs were loose, board sticking out, fabric pulled in many areas.

I waited for a phone call for about a week and a half then called the sales rep. to check on the status. He claims this was the first he'd heard about it but he could order new ones. I asked if it was possible to exchange them for something larger (and more expensive) and was told no.

I went in the next day and spoke to the manager to show him the quality of furniture that I was sold, explained the inconvenience of having to *** work again to accept the next order. Again asked if I could exchange them. I was willing to spend MORE MONEY in their store and I was told no.

The manager claims they "just implemented a new return/exchange policy" and there was nothing they could do for me. I was not told this, it was not printed on my receipt, it is not posted in the store. In fact, on the delivery receipt, it clearly reads across the top "Delivery/Return".

I called the customer service number, left messages, called the regional manager, and left messages. So far I have not gotten any response. Not only will I never shop there again, I plan to take the photos to the local newspaper and have them published with an article.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
66 of 100 Sofa Mart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
martin

Mar 01, 2012 #440273

I certainly hope you took this to the newspaper. I'm experiencing about the same thing.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.